ΔΙΕΘΝΗΣ ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΗ ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝΙΚΗ ΕΦΗΜΕΡΙΔΑ ΠΟΙΚΙΛΗΣ ΥΛΗΣ - ΕΔΡΑ: ΑΘΗΝΑ

Ει βούλει καλώς ακούειν, μάθε καλώς λέγειν, μαθών δε καλώς λέγειν, πειρώ καλώς πράττειν, και ούτω καρπώση το καλώς ακούειν. (Επίκτητος)

(Αν θέλεις να σε επαινούν, μάθε πρώτα να λες καλά λόγια, και αφού μάθεις να λες καλά λόγια, να κάνεις καλές πράξεις, και τότε θα ακούς καλά λόγια για εσένα).

Τρίτη 15 Σεπτεμβρίου 2026

Meet me in London! + Where to find women-led immersive tours + How to move to Europe

 

I am in Armenia on tour with the first group to tour with us and I am so happy to be eating allllll the foods!

Come join me on Instagram to see what we are up to and book your spot on our 2027 trips here.

On this week's email:

  • I will be attending a travel conference in London at the beginning of November and will fly a few days earlier to support a great initiative led by Women in travel CiC. I will spend a Sunday touring the city to learn more about the Ethiopian community, the Arabian heritage of the city and how its history is linked to the many foods you can enjoy today, from the Roman times to today. Come join me in the morning or in the afternoon for parts of the tour, support fantastic women who will open the doors to their world to us and discover parts of the city you have probably never ventured into. Plus, we can get to meet each other in person! Read below for all the details
  • In this week's podcast episode I interview Cepee, an entrepreneur helping women over 30 move to Europe. She shares all her insights and experience in this actionable episode that I hope can help you get started if that has ever been your dream

show
#2 | How to Support and Not...
Apr 14 · Solo Female Travelers
60:45
Spotify Logo
 


Meet me in London!

I will be in London from the 30th of October to the 5th of November to attend World Travel Market and catch up with friends.

I have not been back in London for many years now, and my last trip there was for work when I was still at Google.

But there is a small corner in my heart for London as I had a brief love affair with the city when I was younger, so I am super happy to return.

London was my first solo trip, 25 years ago, when I was 21, I decided I wanted to learn English and headed there to spend the summer. I returned the following summer to work in Investment Banking at JPMorgan so in total, I have lived 4 months in the city.

While at Google, I traveled there a few times since part of my team was based there, but I haven't been back in so long... and I am excited to reconnect with this amazing city that I love so much.

If the weather wasn't so terrible (I cannot live without the sun!) I would have moved to London long ago 😀

There is no better day than a sunny day in London.

Alessandra and I in Valencia last April

So, since I will be in London, I am teaming up with my friend Alessandra, founder of Women in travel CiC, a social enterprise dedicated to fostering gender inclusion in the travel, tourism and hospitality industry.

Among the many projects that she spearheads is one that is a perfect fit with our mission: Helping women in vulnerable situations become guides and share their stories in their own words, often by inviting guests into their communities and sharing their culture, heritage and food with others, both visitors and locals.

Women in Travel CiC has so far provided 150 women with training and support to get started in cities like London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Amsterdam, with more cities to come.

We are partnering with Women in travel on our Scotland tour already, and two of their guides co-host our welcome dinner, sharing their stories and slice of Edinburgh with our group.

Taking advantage of my trip to London, I wanted to support the project and get to meet some of you who share our passion for providing equal opportunities to women, in person, while having a great time.

Alessandra and I have put together a special day with two half day tours specifically designed for the Solo Female Travelers community, that will open the doors to two sides of London.

London is the no1 city in terms of members of our online Facebook community with almost 10,000 members living there, so if only I can meet a few of you that would be great!

If you are in London or live in the city and are free on the 31st of October, join me and Alessandra for half a day of laughter, women power, great storytelling and of course food, and be a part of this movement to create economic opportunities in tourism for women.

Why join us

  • Lots of food, coffee and drinks in great company, plus an intro to Arabian perfumes
  • Traveling with your taste buds without leaving London, with suggestions for restaurants to come back again later with your friends
  • Get behind closed doors of a multi-cultural London by the hand of the women who are part of it
  • Support female guide-hosts. Hear when and why they moved to London, how do their communities thrive in the city, what challenges they face and more
  • A chance at learning belly dancing! (if you want)
  • Laughter and good times with likeminded women
  • A chance to learn more about Women in travel CiC, meet me and Alessandra and put faces to our names.
  • Perhaps your new best travel friend? Especially if you are London-based since I expect most of you will be local

But above all, there is something magical about bringing strong women together for a day of empowerment, sharing and connection. I am hoping that this day can be just that, and I can't wait.

SEE BOTH TOURS AND THE FULL COLLABORATION

Tags: Solo Female  Travelers