A study exploring which country has the most adventure seeking citizens reveals that the Netherlands tops the most adventurous country list per capita.
According to the study of SHAREaCAMPER, Peer-to-peer motorhome rental platform, the Netherlands is followed by Australia and Sweden. The USA placed first for total searches, followed by Germany and France.
SHAREaCAMPER chose eight of the most popular adventurous activities including skydiving, surfing, skiing and of course, caravanning, to create the ranking. They researched the Google search volume for keywords associated with these activities in the last twelve months. These figures were then ranked, first by the number of searches averaged per 100,000 citizens in each country. Then, the second ranking is reflective of the actual number of searches, to give an accurate indication of the amount of people searching.
“Both our caravan owners and renters are adventurers at heart,” states SHAREaCAMPER CEO, Florian Dahlmann. “Although our we are based in Germany, Australia and New Zealand, knowing where to find adventurous people across the world is interesting for ourselves and any other business that thrives on adventure.”
The 10 most and least Adventurous Countries were:
|Divided Per 100,000 Citizens||Total Searches|
|Ranking for Turkey|
|Activity||Per 100,000 Citizens||Total Searches||Activity||Per 100,000 Citizens||Total Searches|
*In total, 40 countries were ranked, you can access them all by visiting the results page.
Further findings of interest from the ranking include:
- BMXing is most popular in France per capita, whilst the USA has the highest number of searches per month for the sport.
- Bungee jumping is most popular per capita in Switzerland, whilst the USA has the highest number of searches per month for the activity.
- Caravanning is most popular per capita in the Netherlands, whilst the USA has the highest number of searches per month for the activity.
- Hiking is most popular in India, for both overall searches and searches by capita.
- Rock climbing is most popular per capita in Australia, whilst the USA has the highest number of searches per month for the activity.
- Skiing is most popular in Norway, and the USA has the highest number of searches per month for the sport.
- Skydiving is most popular per capita in Australia, and the USA has the highest number of searches per month.
- Surfing is the most popular in Australia per capita, whilst the USA has the highest number of searches per month for the activity.
The full findings of the ranking can be found on the results page: https://www.shareacamper.com.au/global-adventure-ranking/