Παρασκευή, 30 Νοεμβρίου 2018
Congress delegates have moved down to the city from world over to experience a dynamic four-day programme of education, networking and business opportunities. ICCA and Dubai Business Events, the official convention bureau of the city have partnered to create a thrilling offering of forward-thinking education sessions, site visits to the most ground-breaking enterprises in Dubai and a social programme showcasing the best of Emirati cultural delights and local hospitality.
The ICCA’s 2018 edition of annual flagship event has attained record attendance figures for any ICCA Congress organized outside Europe: for the meeting, a total of 1,156 industry experts from 79 countries have travelled to Dubai. Organized with the support of the main local partners including Dubai World Trade Centre, Congress Solutions International, Emirates and Dubai Business Events, the city’s official convention bureau, the Congress brings in senior meetings industry professionals to share knowledge as well as ideas about the latest trends in international association meetings and business events.
Business events are more and more being recognized as a vital driver of the economy of Dubai and positioning the city as a global business centre. As a global knowledge hub with a worldwide reputation for innovation, hosting the ICCA Congress offers Dubai an exclusive opportunity to present its widespread meetings infrastructure to business events heavyweights from across the globe, and in turn optimize international expertise to drive the development of the region’s rapidly-evolving meetings industry.
To quote Nina Freysen-Pretorius, President of the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA), “The number of international association meetings has doubled every ten years since the establishment of ICCA 55 years ago, and we have identified the Middle East as an important growth area. In fact, we now have a dedicated seat for the region on our board, a permanent regional director, and this is our first annual congress in the Middle East.”
In the first half of this year, Chinese tourists almost doubled their travels to Europe, compared to the same period last year.
This was one of the key findings of the “China-Europe Tourism Big Data Report for the First Half of 2018” released by China Tourism Academy CTA.
According to the data centre of China’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism, 71.31 million Chinese travelled abroad in the first half of 2018.
With the promotion of China-Europe tourism cooperation under the framework of the 2018 “China- Europe Tourist Year”, Chinese tourists had greater benefits in terms of visas and flights, which boosted trips to Europe.
To quote Chinese Tourism Academy president Dai Bin., “Under the framework of cooperation, bilateral tourism exchanges we are facing the finest historical period. As the second largest destination region for Chinese citizens traveling overseas, it is hoped that Europe is not only important for Chinese tourists, but also friendly.”
CTA monitors Chinese tourist flow, consumption structures, behavior characteristics, and travel experiences.
The World Cup fuelled an increase in outbound tourism to Europe last summer and traditional tourism witnessed a rise in popularity during the off-season as well.
The World Cup brought an increase in Europe-bound tours from China during the summer. The number of people booking Europe tours in the second quarter of 2018 increased by more than 100% on year-on-year basis, and by 94% on quarter-on-quarter basis.
Europe is the second largest destination for Chinese tourists, accounting for 13% after Asia. Chinese tourists spend on average EUR300 per day in top destinations such as France, Germany and Italy.
In terms of travel methods, package tours are still very popular; however, the number of Chinese tourists going to Europe on their own is also increasing.
MCLEAN Va. - The All Suites brands by Hilton, consisting of Embassy Suites by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, and Home2 Suites by Hilton, are in the midst of one of their most successful years on record. To date, the year has been marked by rapid growth across all three brands and numerous milestones including, the opening of the 1,000th All Suites property, unveiling of the category’s first modular build hotel, and being part of Hilton’s first opened tri-branded property. In fact, by the end of the third quarter, the brands had already surpassed their growth goals for 2018 and are on pace to end the year with a pipeline of over 580 pending properties.
Additionally, the All Suites brands by Hilton footprint continues to expand into important urban and ‘surban’ locations opening notable new properties in Chicago, Los Angeles and Atlanta, as well as coastal destinations like Honolulu and St Augustine, Fla.
“The combination of innovative development and operational strategies in 2018 has resulted in a year of incredible achievement for our brands,” said Dianna Vaughan, global head and senior vice president, All Suites brands by Hilton. “The All Suites brands have been part of major milestones for the Hilton portfolio and we’re exceeding our growth targets, all while laying the foundation for an even stronger 2019.”
Brand Achievements and Upcoming Milestones
In addition to collectively reaching their 1,000th property, each individual brand from the All Suites portfolio achieved notable milestones in 2018, executing innovative brand initiatives along the way.
Embassy Suites by Hilton:
- Understanding the importance of staying attuned to the evolving needs of travelers and their expectations of hotel common areas, Embassy Suites by Hilton launched the Atrium Refresh program. More than 90 hotels have now completed the renovation that transforms the brand’s signature, open-air atriums into intimate social lobbies, while also enhancing guest suites, meeting spaces, and other communal areas of the hotels. By the end of 2019, more than 75 percent of hotels within the brand’s footprint will have completed the Atrium Refresh.
Homewood Suites by Hilton:
- The brand announced Rick Colling, as its new Global Head. Adrian Kurre remains global head of Home2 Suites by Hilton. Colling was promoted from Vice President of Brand Performance and Support. His extensive expertise and experience within the Homewood Suites brand has already driven strong results, mostly notably for the brand’s Take Flight renovation initiative. Over 200 Homewood Suites by Hilton properties have now completed the innovative design platform to retrofit existing properties with optimizations to create a new ambiance both in-suite and in the communal spaces. By year’s end, more than 230 properties will have completed Take Flight, with the remainder taking place in 2019, coinciding with the brand’s 30th anniversary.
Home2 Suites by Hilton:
- This year, Home2 Suites by Hilton opened its milestone 250th property, the Home2 Suites by Hilton Orlando South Park. The brand continued its incredibly strong growth, as one of the fastest growing brands in the Hilton portfolio and hospitality industry as a whole, and is already scheduled to open its 300th property by early 2019. Southern Hospitality Services broke ground on the Home2 Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North, the first modular construction project for Home2 Suites by Hilton. The property is pioneering the innovative building technique as the first modular build in the Bay Area.
In the third quarter of 2018, the All Suites brands by Hilton continued to set the pace for the hospitality industry in innovative development strategies and international growth with a fleet of new property openings including:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Landmark: Part of the brand’s focus on increasing urban locations, the hotel is located in a bustling city within one of the country’s largest states and just a short drive from many exciting local attractions.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton South Bend at Notre Dame: Opening just in time for college football season, the hotel offers another location in a high-demand area for travelers across the country during the school year.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Edina Minneapolis: Located just outside downtown Minneapolis in the picturesque surban location of Edina, the hotel is just a short drive away from the famed Mall of America and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland Airport: The brand delivered a prime location for travelers in the up and coming Northwest tourist hub with a complimentary airport shuttle that also drives guests to local attractions within a three-mile radius of the hotel.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Chicago McCormick Place: Part of Hilton’s first ever tri-branded hotel, this property shares a roof with Hampton by Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn and is located steps from the largest convention center in North America, McCormick Place.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Montebello: This lakeside property is just minutes from the great tourist attractions of the City of Angels, from Dodger Stadium and the Staples Center, to theme parks for the whole family.
The All Suites brands by Hilton grew its pipeline this year with 138 new signed deals between the beginning of Q1 and end of Q3, bringing the total combined pipeline to over 580 pending hotels. Notable signed deals include:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Waco: Parents of students and alumni from Baylor University will soon have another convenient location to enjoy an extended stay back on campus. The property is slated to open in late 2021.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Honolulu International Airport: The brand is saying, “Aloha” to Hawaii providing trusted extended stay accommodations in one of the country’s most visited tropical vacation havens. This addition to All Suites brand’s strong portfolio of vacation destinations is slated to open summer 2021.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Euless DFW West: Home2 Suites by Hilton is delivering another outstanding lodging option for travelers moving through one of the country’s busiest flying hubs, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. The estimated arrival date for this key airport location is early 2020.